With African Fashion having a big impact in the Fashion industry these days, it’s no surprise that various marketplaces have been created to bring African Fashion and Culture to the world. Although many marketplaces are being created in the blink of an eye. The question is, “how do you find the best and most reliable one?”
In this post, I am going to be reviewing Mejiji.com. Mejiji is fast rising and becoming the next big African inspired marketplace.
Mejiji was created by a Nigerian developer, Uwadia Isaiah and is playing a very pivotal role in Africa’s economy. And with a large part of the population shifting to online purchase, Mejiji market is gradually transforming into a household name. Today, I am going to show you a step by step guide on all you need to know to sell on Mejiji market and why you need to sell your brands on Mejiji.
As a vendor, the Mejiji platform gives you an opportunity to market and boost your brand to millions of people, not only in Nigeria but also in most countries across Africa.
Things To Consider Before Knowing How To Sell On Mejiji
You Should Have Brand New Products
Mejiji doesn’t accept the sale of used or refurbished products, meaning you can only list new products. Plus, ensure that the products you plan to sell don’t feature in Mejiji’s list of banned and restricted brands.
You Should be an Authorized Seller & manufacturer of a Brand
In the case of branded products, ensure you’re an authorized seller of that particular brand. Authorization comes in various forms, including licenses and trademarks. Mejiji does this to protect both the seller and the brand owner.
You Should Have At Least 10 Items To Sell
Mejiji puts a minimum limit to the number of items you can upload. Currently, you can’t upload less than 5 products.
You Need a Bank Account
Mejiji pays directly into your bank account. So, you should consider opening one before starting to sell.
Benefits of Selling on Mejiji Market
How do you stand to benefit by selling on the Mejiji marketplace? Below are four reasons to keep you motivated:
Free Vendor Training
The Mejiji team offers free vendor training. Training sessions include the option of offline training. Here, you get to learn more about the Mejiji Seller Center. Plus, you get to know how to list your products and have comprehensive knowledge regarding order packaging and shipping.
The sessions offer advice and tips on how to boost your sales volume and create most appealing, professional content for your products. You also learn everything regarding account statement. All these for free!
The company offers you the opportunity to use your trusted brand name as a label for your products. As a result, you get to share in its popularity.
In Nigeria alone, 30,000 visitors flock the Mejiji platform every month searching for items to buy. Plus, you need to remember that its presence is felt across many other African countries. So, it’s your big chance to advertise your products to millions of buyers every month.
No Maximum Upload Limit
At Mejiji, you can list as many items as you want, since there’s no maximum limit. Plus, the platform takes care of maintenance fee, listing fee, and other unprecedented expenses.
Mejiji makes selling pretty simple. The only things you need to do is complete the registration process, complete a dedicated training session (for new sellers), list your products, and you’re all set.
What Can You Sell on Mejiji Market?
- Health & Beauty (hair care, fragrances, makeups, etc.)
- Home & Office (cookware, appliances, furniture, bedding, etc.)
- Grocery (laundry, cooking, toiletries, beverages, etc.)
- Fashion (wearables, jewelry, watches, etc.)
- Baby Products (toys, apparel, diapering, etc.)
- Sporting Goods (sport & fitness, cycling, camping, etc.)
- Other Categories (musical, gardening, movies, etc.)
What Are The Conditions Required To Sell on Mejiji?
As a seller you need to:
- Be at least 18 years of age, or selling under the supervision of a legal guardian or parent
- Take responsibility for all activities regarding password and account.
- Ensure business transparency and maintain high-quality products and standards. Remember, Mejiji does routine quality checks for verification.
- Maintain price parity for your products, both in Mejiji and other platforms. For instance, you shouldn’t sell a product at a lower price on another platform than the price listed on Mejiji .
- Grant Mejiji access to your products, branding materials, and trademarks for promotional purposes.
- Invest in, or carry campaigns to promote your product.
- Complete the registration process
- Ensure no product is out of stock. Maintain zero percent Out Of Stock Rate
- Maintain a quality Return Rate of less than 2%
- Have a customer product rating of not less than 3 stars
- Maintain a Ready-to-Ship policy within 24 hours
- Ensure the product comes with a warranty where applicable
Mejiji Seller Fees
Mejiji doesn’t charge sellers looking to build their business on the platform, not unless the seller gets to make a sale. Here, Mejiji earns from sellers as per the Revenue Share agreement. For now Mejiji only earns 10% of any sales irrespective of the category.
So that’s my post on all you need to know about selling on Mejiji.
Now It’s your turn:
Are you ready to start a Mejiji online shopping store?
549 total views, 2 views today